The mission of YMK is to assist with meeting the academic and social needs of the male student body at DeKalb Early College Academy.
YMK members will develop sound judgement, high self-esteem, integrity, and self-sufficiency as they transition from Young Men to Knights.
Code of Conduct
- Gentlemen are required to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher throughout the school year.
- Gentlemen are expected to adhere to all guidelines and principles of DeKalb Early College Academy. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action, suspension, and/or dismissal from YMK.
- Gentlemen are REQUIRED to orchestrate and conduct two (2) community service events per semester.
- Gentlemen must UPHOLD, UPLIFT, and INSPIRE one another. It is OUR responsibility to maintain the success of one another as men, and most importantly as BROTHERS.
- Failure to participate in any community service event prior to a scheduled “YMK” social event will result in you being excluded from the social activity for that month.
- Scholar must have been an active member for a minimum of two years
- Scholar must attend 4 out 5 activities (these numbers may vary based on activities, but it should be equivalent to approximately 80%)
- Scholar missed less than 3 meetings in a school year
- Scholar has abided by club Code of Conduct
- Scholar club dues must include cord expense and shipping or club fundraisers for cords as noted in your budget. The school cannot cover the cost of any cords for clubs.