Poetry Club, Professor Custar
MISSION: The mission of Poetry Club is to recognize and celebrate student poets, expose students to poets outside the traditional high school canon, foster a love of language, and grow as writers and thinkers.
VISION: Poetry Club exists to advance and support confidence and excellence in student poets in an emotionally safe creative and performance space through regular practice and a deeper understanding of the craft than a traditional classroom setting provides.
Poetry Club Code of Conduct:
A. Participants will respect the creative process of their fellow club members.
B. Participants will submit and/or present poetry in some form each at each meeting -- I encourage bringing your own personal work, but this can also be from published poets, internet poets, musicians.
C. Participants will engage in creative writing activities at each meeting, insofar as they are comfortable and capable of doing.
D. Participants must maintain a 3.0 GPA at DECA and/or GSU in order to attend meetings.
Senior cords available for current Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen who meet the following requirements, starting Fall 2018:
- Must be an active member for two years
- Must miss fewer than three meetings per school year
- Must attend 80% of activities apart from meetings
- Must abide by the Code of Conduct
- Must pay $30 dues by the second meeting (Thursday, September 6th) to cover cost of club shirt, cords, and publication.